The night time sleep cycle of a very young baby lasts for around 60 minutes but from three months of age that increases to 90 minutes.
So to train the Newborn for a good bedtime routine
- Teach your baby the connection between dark and sleep and light and awake.
- Have a familiar bedtime routine
- Separate milk from sleep he or she becomes less dependent on sucking to sleep.
- Aim to put your baby in their cot slightly awake so they get used to settling themselves.
- Don’t make a habit of rocking baby to sleep
And if your baby’s night time cries are merely grumbles, briefly check that she is comfortable, not hungry, too hot or cold, and that her nappy is clean.
New Possibilities Created by Connections. >>> prossit.com